Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Turkey Spinach Meatballs

I have never been a big meatball eater, so I was worried about making these. I have this pact with myself though that I will keep trying the same foods eat year that I may have disliked before, and that way some day I may chance my mind and enjoy them. These meatballs are delicious! They are good on a hoagie roll as a meatball sub or just on their own with a little marinara sauce poured on top. You can also freeze the leftovers and save them for later. I found them through Pinterest on homecookingmemories.com and tweaked it just slightly.

Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients
 2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1/4 tsp ground thyme
1/4 tsp ground oregano
9 oz fresh spinach, chopped
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 lb ground turkey
3/4 cup bread crumbs
2 large eggs

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet in foil and spray with cooking spray. In a frying pan on medium heat, heat olive oil until hot. Then add onion, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Sauté until onion is tender, about 5-6 minutes.

Add spinach to pan and combine with onion mixture. Add Worcestershire sauce and chicken broth and mix well to combine. Cook until most of the liquid has cooked out. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature if have time.
 Meanwhile, mash the turkey meat together with eggs and bread crumbs. I used my hands here.
 Add the onion and spinach mixture to the turkey meat. I started to combine with a spoon and then just used my hands because it was a lot easier.
Form 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and place on the baking sheet an inch or two apart.
 Bake for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
I used when in a meatball sub I made for my husband, with some marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.


From one newbie to another, enjoy!
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment