Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Slow Cooker Pork Tacos

I found this recipe a long time ago through Pinterest on www.skinnymom.com. It is so easy to make and so delicious! You can make it as spicy as you want as well which is nice for me since I cannot handle pretty much any heat at all.

Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients 
 1 lb pork tenderloin
  • 1 - 15 oz jar salsa
  • 1 Tbsp ground cumin
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 8 whole-wheat or corn tortillas
  • Crumbled mexican white cheese
Instructions 
Rinse the pork tenderloin and place in the slow cooker. I have a smaller slow cooker and had to cut my pork tenderloin to fit. You will be shredding the cooked meat later so this is fine if you need to do that.
In a medium bowl, stir together the salsa, brown sugar, garlic, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
Pour the mixture over the pork tenderloin. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours. Shred the pork using a fork (it will just pull apart easily) and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes.




I apologize for not having the end result picture. I was having people over for this meal and forgot to take a picture at the end! We have ours with a little cilantro and white mexican cheese sprinkled on top. I recommend using a slotted spoon to scoop into tacos, otherwise the mixture may be running out the end as you eat!
From one newbie to another, enjoy!
Lindsay





No comments:

Post a Comment