Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 6, 2014

BBQ Apple Bacon Chicken

I have not had a chance to bog in a long time. Work got really busy and we traveled a bit. Finally I was able to make a new meal worthy of sharing! This honestly might be my new favorite way to prepare chicken. It was absolutely delicious. It had a little bit more prep than some of the other meals I have made in the slow cooker, but it really was easy. It is one of those meals that is really easy to adjust quantity of ingredients according to how many people will be enjoying it! I found the recipe through Pinterest on www.chef-in-training.com.

Serves 2

Ingredients
2 small red apples
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup brown sugar
2 chicken breasts
6-8 slices of bacon



Instructions
Peel and chop both apples into small bite-sized pieces.
 Combine all the ingredients except the bacon and chicken in a bowl.
 Wrap the chicken in bacon. I didn't need to fasten the bacon on in any. Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the apple mixture over top. Cook on low for 6 hours.
I served mine with brown rice pilaf and steamed corn. It really was absolutely delicious!




From one newbie to another, enjoy!
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment