Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 27, 2013

BBQ Quesadillas

I found this recipe in Anyone Can Cook from Better Homes and Gardens. I changed it a little bit to work for our family. It would be good as an appetizer or a small meal. My husband loves quesadillas and he loves anything BBQ, so combining the two is perfect. I would like to apologize for the pictures... my camera was not accessible so I had to settle for my phone camera.

Serves 2

Ingredients
Nonstick cooking spray
3 flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup barbeque sauce
1 large or 2 small chicken breasts
1 jar salsa
1/4 cup sour cream

Instructions
Cook chicken in oven at 350 degrees for 25 min. Shred chicken and place in a large bowl. Pour barbeque sauce over chicken and mix around to coat completely.

 Coat one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place, coated sides down, on a cutting board or plate. sprinkle cheese over half of each tortilla. Pour barbeque chicken over the cheese on each half of the tortillas. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.

In a hot large skillet cook quesadillas, two at a time, over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.

Cut each quesadilla into 3 wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream on top.


From one newbie to another, enjoy!
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment