Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers

I am always trying to find good new recipes for my husband and I. Ones that are easy, quick, and creative! So for my first post I wanted to share Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers. I made these last night with rolls and steamed cauliflower on the side. This are delicious, super easy to make, and you can add in variations easily. I found the recipe on through Pinterest on www.sippycupmom.com. I changed the recipe a little bit based on what I had in the house. I am always  trying to go for what is easiest for me, without having to buy a million different ingredients. Since I am a newbie in the kitchen, I am still trying to build my supply in the kitchen. Here is my version...

Serves 2

Ingredients


1/2 lb ground turkey
1/4 onion chopped
Garlic Salt, to taste
2 large green peppers
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 tomato sauce
1 cup cooked minute rice
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese



Instructions



Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Add onion, garlic salt, and ground turkey to saute pan. Cook until browned.

Add tomato sauce and most of the chicken broth to turkey, mix together and cook for 5 minutes. Add cooked rice to turkey and mix together.


Wash green bell peppers, cut in half, and remove seeds. 
Place cut peppers in a baking dish, fill with meat and rice mixture.
Pour remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the baking dish.




Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Top with cheddar cheese and back and additional 5 minutes uncovered. 



My husband loved this recipe and it didn't feel like a ridiculously heavy meal. From one newbie to another, I hope you enjoy! 
Lindsay 

No comments:

Post a Comment