Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice

I love slow cookers :) I also love anything smothered in cheese. I found this recipe through Pinterest on www.southernplate.com. I made it last night for the first time and it was not only deliciously cheesy, but extremely easy.

Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients 
Box of Yellow Rice mix
Bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Onion
1 can of Yellow Whole Kernel Corn
2 or 3 Chicken Breasts

Instructions
Cook the Yellow Rice according to the directions on the box, and set aside. I made mine in the morning  and put it in the fridge so I wouldn't have to make it when I got home.
Put the chicken breasts in the crock pot. Chop the onion and throw in on top of the chicken breasts. Glob the Cream of Chicken soup on top of the onions and chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
Drain and add in the corn. Pour in the cheese and the yellow rice. Mix all together and let heat for a few minutes. Done! It is delicious, cheesy, and easy.

From one newbie to another, I hope you enjoy!
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment