Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Cake

Okay, so I have to be completely honest. Originally I had found some recipes for pumpkin spice cookies. I had intended to make those for our bible study last night. In those recipes you just take spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin, and chocolate chips, mix them together and it makes dough. Well, since I am a newbie in the kitchen, especially when it comes to baking, I made the cake batter according to the spice cake mix box and then added in the pumpkin. I realized after this mistake that it was far too runny to be cookie dough. I ran with it though and make a pumpkin spice cake instead. Long story short, forget the chocolate chips you see in the ingredients picture.

Ingredients

 Spice cake mix box
Vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 15oz can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
Cream Cheese icing


Instructions
Prepare Spice cake mix as the directions on the box say, with the vegetable oil and eggs. Mix in the entire can of pumpkin. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease the entire inside of a 13 x 9 baking dish. Pour batter into the middle and let it spread out to all sides of the dish. Cook at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Poke the middle with a toothpick and if it comes out clean then the cake is done.
Let cool completely before icing with cream cheese icing.





This was a hit at my bible study after all. I was nervous that it would come out too moist but it was great! Extremely easy to make!
From one newbie to another, enjoy!
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment