Pages

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Spinach and Sausage Pasta

I found this recipe through Pinterest on www.budgetbytes.com. I changed it a little bit, so the recipe here is with my changes.

Serves 2 to 4

Ingredients
 6 oz Chicken Sausage
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 a Medium Onion
1 (14.5oz) can Diced Tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chicken broth
8 oz Pasta (I used Farfalle)
3 cups fresh Spinach
1 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese


Instructions
Slice the sausage into pieces and cook in a skillet with the olive oil about 5 minutes.
Chop the onion and add to skillet, saute about 5 minutes.
Add can of diced tomatoes and the chicken broth. Stir to combine. Add in the minced garlic.
Add the uncooked pasta and try to submerge as much of it as you can. Cover the skillet and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir a couple times while it is simmering.
Stir in the spinach leaves one cup at a time, and wait till the leaves wilt to add the next cup. Keep the heat on while adding the spinach.
Sprinkle the cheese on top and let sit for a few minutes while the cheese melts. Serve hot.



My husband and I really enjoyed this meal! He especially liked the chicken sausage, which I was certain would be what he would want to change. I guess I was wrong!
From one newbie to another, enjoy!
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment